Preparing for the test
CITB-ConstructionSkills has developed a range of revision materials to help you prepare for the Health, safety and environment test, including question and answer books and DVDs. You can order by:
- going online to www.cskills.org/hsanderevision
- telephoning 0344 994 4488 - Lines open Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, and Saturday 8am to noon
- visiting a good bookshop, either on the high street or online
Changes to revision material
Health, safety and environment legislation, regulations and best practice will change from time to time, but CITB-ConstructionSkills makes every effort to keep the test and the revision material up to date.
- You will not be tested on questions that are no longer deemed appropriate
- You will be tested on knowledge questions presented in the most up-to-date edition of the book.
- HS&E test revision books will be updated from the 1st of February 2013. To revise effectively for the test you should use the latest edition. You can check which edition of the book you have here or by phone 0344 994 4488.
Health safety and environment test revision DVDs can be updated by downloading the latest patch, to check your DVD is up-to-date click the web update option from the main menu on the disc.
How can I increase my chances of success?
- Watch the free Setting out film
- Revise using the recommended revision tools, working through all the knowledge questions
- Complete the recommended training course
- Book your test when you are confident with your topics and questions
- Complete a timed practice test a few days before (available on the DVD)
Book online now
or call 0344 994 4488
To contact us about the Health, safety and environment test