Slinger/Signaller CPCS Code A40
CPCS Code A40
Potential and existing operators who have received no formal instruction and those requiring refresher training.
This course will give candidates foundation training and assessment towards a Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) Red Trained Operator card.
Successful candidates will gain knowledge and skills in:
- Establishing the weight and dimensions of loads and communicating this information to the crane operator
- Selecting appropriate lifting tackle, attaching and detaching it correctly and safely
- Directing the actions of a crane moving loads of various weights and dimensions, giving clear and unambiguous signals
- Determining the serviceability of lifting accessories, maintaining and storing them
Candidates will gain qualification/certification in:
- CPCS Red Trained Operator card (on successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests)
This is a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practicals. Candidates will be assessed through theory and practical tests.
Candidates must have passed a CITB-ConstructionSkills Health, safety and environment test before attending this course.
Where to next?
Further qualifications include a Level 2 NVQ, which leads to a CPCS Blue Competent Operator card, Crane Supervisor training and Appointed Person training.
(full training and test, call to book)
|Duration||3 days (full training only)|
|Locations||NCC East, NCC South and London|
|Book now||Available course dates and book online.
Alternatively call us on 0344 994 4433
Get the training you need today
Contact the National Construction College today: 0344 994 4433
Course Programme 2013
Details of all our courses are also available off line in our 2013 course programme:
Download (5.4 MB PDF) or call 0344 994 4433